No sooner had I finished writing the blog was I being a victim of my own observation.
A couple of weeks ago I caught an actor (civil enforcement officer) up to no good, ticketing some poor human, who was probably busy trying to finish a dissertation, chasing a 1:1, 2:1 or something, to get a step up in life and a chance at earning some money to pay back the enormous debt they get lumbered with in the course of trying to better themselves.
This week it was my turn to be harassed.
A bathroom break of 6 Earth minutes at 2300 on the quietest road on Earth is apparently 60 Earth seconds longer than the council allow whilst parked in a loading bay....just a minute! I had to pay £70, or £35 if paid within a week, to make this all go away. Next time I will take my chances urinating against a wall as it only carries an £80 fine if caught.
Of course I protested my innocence, pointing out the pub was not due to be receiving any deliveries until the next day, but this was of no consequence to the actor as she took a smug look of satisfaction by then slapping the ticket on the windscreen in front of me. As she started taking the pictures I could feel the chant of 'comeuppance' being heckled at me from various members of the Lancaster Club for my previous post and pics.
There must be something in the water because I am not the only person caught up in actors animating their suits and exercising their jobs worth like roles, by slapping 3 other people I know with speeding fines, all within 7 days!
To pay or not to pay, it's only a statute law at the end of the day and they are only there to make money.
No comments:
Post a Comment