Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Shoes Please

Now correct me if I am wrong but pre September 2001 I am sure I did not have to put my liquids in to tiny bottles no more than 100ml and see through plastic bags, nor did I have to take my shoes, belt and fillings (if I had any) off or out to appease ever tighter security measures? So when I saw in a Time Magazine supplement this week in glorious Berlin, that "9/11 did not change everything except for a tiny percentage of the worlds population" directly affected that day I was stupefied.

Getting around this paradise, that we should all be living on for free, called Earth is becoming ever more obnoxious with the relentless messages bombarding us about how we are all going to be blown up by some terrorist group, formerly led by a man now residing at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean with Megatron, at a time when the world could not really be any smaller with the presence of modern communication.
The events of 9/11 fundamentally changed the daily lives of virtually every human on the planet today and those of tomorrow for years to come, for Time magazine to make this claim was to quote Victor Meldrew "unbelievable".

No comments:

Post a Comment